Welcome to our Website!
The Fire Marshals Association of Oklahoma would like to thank you for visiting our website. We pride ourselves in Fighting Fires Through Education. So take a look around and let us know how we can serve you.
“To insure a Fire Safe Oklahoma through Support, Education, Justice and Training”
“The serious losses in life and property resulting annually from fires cause me deep concern. I am sure that such unnecessary waste can be reduced. The substantial progress made in the science of fire prevention and fire protection in this country during the past forty years convinces me that the means are available for limiting this unnecessary destruction.”
-Harry S. Truman 1947 Fire Prevention Conference
FMAO 25th ANNUAL CONFERENCE
AUGUST 26-29, 2014
QUARTZ MOUNTAIN Resort
22469 Lodge Road, Lone Wolf, OK 73655
Free Online Lesson from the Academy of Fire Sprinkler Technology
Introduction to Most Remote Areas
Excellent Class for: AHJ’s, Contractors, Designers, Enforcers, Engineers
This course will guide the participant through the requirements for sizing a remote area found in NFPA 13. Participants in this class will learn the basic concepts for sizing a remote area. Students that complete this course will be able to:
- Select the remote area size from figure 220.127.116.11.1 in NFPA 13
- Identify when the ‘Quick Response Reduction’ may be applied
- Determine the correct reduction in remote area size permitted with the ‘Quick Response Reduction’
- Determine when the size of a remote area needs to be increased
- Determine the required minimum length of a remote area.